i wanted to make butter cookies but when i looked in my pantry i had some small bags of coconut, raisins, chia and flax seeds. so i wanted to get rid of them by putting them in my cookie batter.
it actually turned out great! to make the cookies, you need:
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup oats
1 cup coconut threads/dessicated coconut
1/2 cup raisins (that's how much i had left)
1/4 cup soft brown sugar
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp honey (or less)
180g butter, melted
- preheat the oven 160C on fan-forced. that's how you get the nice colour on the cookies.
- put all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- mix the honey with the melted butter and pour into the dry ingredients.
- stir until all dry ingredients are wet.
- roll into balls and slightly flatten.
- place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- i baked mine for 22 minutes because they were big.
in a way, the ingredients are mostly similar to anzac biscuits. the extra ingredients are the raisins, chia and flax seeds.
anyway, happy baking!