If you love banana cakes and chocolate, this recipe is for you! It's super easy to make and it's kid friendly too!
To make the cupcakes, you will need:
2 cups self-raising flour
125g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 220C and line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- Sift flour, caster sugar and salt together.
- Melt butter, remove from heat and add in the milk, egg and vanilla extract and beat well with fork.
- Stir in mashed bananas to the butter mixture and mix well. Then add into dry ingredients, folding carefully until flour is just dampened. Do not mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into baking cups and bake for 12-15 minutes or until center springs back when pressed lightly. Leave to cool.
To make the ganache, you will need:
250g plain chocolate
1 teaspoon liqueur - irish cream/rum/brandy (optional)
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until it starting to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour onto the chocolate. Leave to stand for a minute then stir until the chocolate are melted. Add in the liqueur (optional)
- With an electric mixer, beat the mixture until it can hold its shape. Swirl or piped onto cooled cupcakes.