this is the recipe that i used for all my cookie decorating. i find that that the taste goes well with both royal icing and fondant.
150g Unsalted butter, cut in small cubes
225g Plain flour
125g Caster sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the plain flour onto the butter. Rub the flour and butter together to make fine crumbs.
- Then stir in the caster sugar and vanilla extract. Knead together until mixture forms a firm dough.
- Roll on a sheet of baking paper with a rolling pin.
- Using your preferred cookie cutter, stamp onto the dough.
- Carefully transfer in onto the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- When done, transfer immediately onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.